Handmade Number 1 Photo Prop

IMG_7216IMG_8334IMG_8329 Another project scratched off the list, and wow I am so happy this one is done. I decided today that I was just going to knock it out and go on to the next thing. Over 150 tissue flowers later and here we are. I do want to say that if you are looking to do this yourself, make sure you have a lot of time to do it. These flowers are no joke time consuming.

The final size of this ended up being 2 feet tall and 15″ wide.

In my previous post about this, I told of how I started the project. You can see from my beginning photo that all I used was cardboard and hot glue to make the 3D model. I wasn’t entirely neat about it all because I knew that all of it was just going to be covered. The main idea was just to get it in one piece and stable.

I ended up using about 2 packs of 20 sheet tissue paper 20 in x 20 in. I also saved myself a good amount of time by folding and cutting 3 sheets of tissue paper at a time.I made 3 sizes of flowers and gave some more layers than others; this gives it all a more natural and textured look. All of the light pink flowers have a rounded tip, and the fuchsia flowers are pointed. I’m not going into great detail on how to make these flowers because I know there are a ton of really great instructional videos on YouTube out there. So if you haven’t made these before, I strongly suggest “YouTube-ing” a how-to.

Also, if you like this project and time is an issue for you, you can always cut out tissue squares, twist them around a pencil, and glue them on. This will not look the same as what I have done here, but it is still very pretty!

Advertisements

The Invitations

IMG_8285IMG_8291 IMG_8292Well, here they are! I’m relieved to finally be able to show a finished product! You can see here that I made an accent card to compliment the invitation. The little girl represents Ella holding a small paint pallet. I also decided against using my sewing machine on these cards, as I thought they were beautiful as-is and it would only just take away from the design.

I painted the invitation and accent card with acrylics with a little help from my dip pen.